Internships are a key feature of the Professional Science Master's Program at Rice. Rice's close ties with local and national organizations provide avenues to engage the larger business community with the Professional Master's Program. These ties, in addition to Rice's connection with the successful managers and entrepreneurs on the Board of Affiliates help facilitate key contacts for establishing internship opportunities and mentor relationships.
In addition to providing students with a wide range of opportunities for networking, speaker engagement and company outreach, the program works closely with Rice's Center for Career Development offering rich resources, extensive training and preparation to help students to identify potential internships. Please check out their web site and find detailed career information for PSM students under "Graduate Students".
The required internship should last approximately three to six months and will normally take place beginning in the summer session after the first year of coursework. The university will maintain communication with both students and employers during the internship.
- Make sure to explore CCD's Handshake (login required) for hundreds of postings of internship and job positions
- Reach out to Rice Alumni via the Sallyportal to get help in your search for internship or job opportunities
- Sign up to VAULT for internship resources, interview tips and job search advice.
Other Rice Opportunities:
Ways to build relationships with potential employers or engage in on-campus jobs and leadership opportunities during your time at Rice.
- Career Treks: allows small groups of students to travel to companies and organizations to learn from practicing professionals and gain insights into potential careers...
- Employer Engagement & Recruiting Events: meet employers face-to-face through networking events and career fairs held throughout the year.
- Job Shadowing
- Rice also offers on-campus job, leadership, or volunteer opportunities