Rice University welcomes applications from students from around the world. In Fall 2020, 39% of the Professional Science Master's graduate students were international, representing a large variety of countries. This diversity is mirrored by the City of Houston, which is comprised of people from hundreds of countries worldwide representing the highest diversity compared to other large cities in the U.S.
The Professional Science Master's Program offers an intense preparation for incoming foreign students that starts in the summer with assigned reading and study preparation and continues with a two-day Cultural Workshop before orientation week starts at Rice.
How to Apply
- Completed application (apply on-line by clicking this link) No application fee is required
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- English Proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)
Services and Resources
- Orientation upon arrival at the university
- Workshops on income taxes and the IRS, healthcare, and insurance, immigration status, and more
- Social gatherings - welcome party, dinner for new graduate students, activities fair, cultural movies, and Graduate Student Association (GSA) party
- International Education Week
- International Football Clinic
- International Friends at Rice
- International Ladies Network
- Student Clubs and Organizations there are several student associations at Rice that support students from many backgrounds.