- Energy & Data Management Certificate
- Data Management and Data Governance
- Computational and Data Science in the Energy Industry
- Data Science Methods and Data Management
Data has become a huge factor in all phases of the oil and gas industry, upstream, midstream and downstream. Companies need fresh talent on an ongoing basis to fulfill the need for managers who can effectively manage data, which is constantly increasing in volume and complexity.
Rice University’s Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences (EEPS) and Glasscock School of Continuing Studies have partnered to offer the Energy & Data Management Certificate, which focuses on exploration and production as a data-driven business and emphasizes the importance of the curation and exploitation of data within the upstream oil and gas industry. This noncredit, graduate-level certificate offers qualifying work-related education for those interested in gaining employment in this field or to advance their career. This opportunity provides professionals with a robust understanding of subsurface data management, highlighting the importance of Energy Data Management as an emerging discipline alongside geophysics, geology and other oil and gas related career fields.
- Basic knowledge in flow in porous media
- Basic principles in geology/geophysics
- Understanding of basic statistics/data-science
- Previous exposure to basics of programming such as Python is recommended
- Strong analytical skills
Who Should Enroll?
- Entry-level geoscientists/ geophysicists
- Mid-career professionals seeking to redirect their career path
- Mid-level managers seeking to advance their career into energy data
- Managers seeking to update their knowledge and understanding of energy data practices Learning Objectives
- Manage, maintain, monitor and measure organizational data governance plan
- Understand the importance of organization-wide standards
- Apply well-know algorithms, methods and best practices for analyzing diverse data sets
- Become familiar with tools and environments for data management
- Use robust data workflows and life-cycles
- Participation in this certificate program fulfills industry demand for a university-based curriculum that trains employees to become educated data management – developed with the industry for the industry.
- Tools, Methods & Best Practices for Data Science and Analytics
- Computational/Data Science in the Energy Sector
- Energy Data Management and Governance