- Completed application (apply on-line by clicking this link) No application fee is required
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all universities attended
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE Scores are recommended but NOT required
- English Proficiency Scores (for international students). Exemptions to this requirement are listed below.
Exemptions to English Proficiency Scores:
1) If you studied in the U.S. and received a degree, you aren't required to submit scores.
2) If you studied at an institution where the main mode of instruction was English, please provide an official university document stating that English was the mode of instruction.
Rice seeks highly qualified students for its graduate programs. Beyond objective standards of academic competence, we also look for other, more subjective qualities such as creativity, ambition, and leadership potential.
We do offer rolling admission if space is available. Please contact Lindsey Hodge at Lh29@rice.edu if you'd like to apply after the deadline
Rice Undergraduate Students
Rice undergraduate students applying for 5th year PSM degree :
Admission is open to Rice junior and senior students who have shown academic excellence in their undergraduate studies. Applications have to be received within the normal timetable for application for the program. With faculty approval, students can start taking required core courses of the Professional Master's Program during their senior year at Rice. A plan of graduate study based on their particular focus area will need to be developed and approved by the track director and the PSM director.
Information addressing the concerns of international applicants can be found on the International Students page.