Rice provides a choice of three university-owned apartment complexes, which are assigned to full-time graduate students on a space-available basis. In addition, residential neighborhoods within a walk, bike ride, or short commute from campus offer a wide variety of housing options. Houston's cost of living is approx. 27% below other major U.S. cities and housing costs about 30% below the average for other major urban areas, so you're sure to find living quarters that meet your space and budget requirements. A Rice Child Care facility offers child care for graduate students with families.
· Rice University's newest destination for graduate student living is here.
· Enjoy impeccable service and amenities in a student housing environment, located next to the world class shopping, dining and entertainment venues of Rice Village.
· Easy access to Houston Downtown, Midtown, Museum District, and the Galleria Area.
· Effortless connections to major highways including I-45, Hwy 59, Loop 610 and Hwy 288.
· Located near campus, you're close to your classrooms, library, student center and athletic facilities.
· Contemporary, garden-style complex located on 2.7 acres just north of campus
· Fully equipped kitchens, cable TV connection, and a network drop for a personal computer
· Easy to walk, bike, or take the shuttle bus to campus
· 112 units – one-, two- and four-bedroom floor plans, as well as efficiency apartments
· Central space for social activities
· Laundry room on each floor
· Study room equipped with computers
· Enclosed areas for bike racks with locks, and two courtyards
· Call 713-348-GRAD (4723) or visit http://gradapts.rice.edu for more information.
· Recently renovated, two-story 1950's-vintage units
· Rice-owned and located in a quiet neighborhood
· Short walking distance to campus, restaurants, and retail areas
· Gated and covered parking
· 53 units– one-, two-, and three-bedroom plans
· Basic cable TV is provided, and a coin-operated laundry is available on-site
· Call 713-524-1275 or visit Morningside Square for more information
Future students can take advantage of Rice University's new Off-Campus Housing Page, which lists apartments and properties for rent in the local area.
The Rice Student Center web site also lists housing information, and below please find apartment locators who have proved helpful with our student housing needs.
|Housing Name||Contact Info|
|ApartmentWIZ Apartment Locators||
|Houston 1 Apartment Locator||
|UMoveFree Rental Leasing Company||
|ApartmentList.com and HousingList.com||
Mary Ann Lazar
Note: Rice is not responsible for services provided by the above external sources.